HARDWORK 2016.jpg
DETERMINATION.jpg
ENCOURAGEMENT.jpg
HARDWORK 2016.jpg

Highlights


SCROLL DOWN

Highlights


Highlights

New Orleans Saints' 50 greatest players: No. 5, guard Jahri Evans

October 24, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Evans is one of the greatest draft picks in Saints history. A fourth-round pick (108th overall) in the famed 2006 NFL Draft class, he became an instant starter at right guard and developed into one of the most dominant interior offensive linemen of his era. Evans anchored the line for the Saints' 2009 Super Bowl team and was named first-team All-Pro four consecutive seasons from 2009 to 2012, the most of any player in Saints history.

FORECAST: HOW JAHRI EVANS, ZACH STRIEF SAVED THE SAINTS O-LINE

7:55 AM. CDT October 20, 2016

Have you seen the funny internet videos and memes called 'Dad Save'? A 'Dad Save' usually involves a father swooping in unexpectedly to help a young child avoid being injured or possibly worse. As a parent of an 11-month-old, I can vouch that 70 percent or more of fathering involves avoiding catastrophic or potentially catastrophic events, the other 30 percent is feeding and changing your child. So what does 'Dad Save' have to do with the 2016 New Orleans Saints? Jahri Evans and Zach Strief have swooped in and 'Dad Saved' the Saints offensive line.

New Orleans Saints G Jahri Evans happy to return to familiar surroundings

September 07, 2016 at 6:00 PM

Evans, a former four-time All-Pro and six-time Pro Bowl selection, admits the months spent as a free agent following his release in February wasn't easy. 

He eventually found a job with the Seattle Seahawks in early August, but Seattle released him as part of the final roster trimming to reach the initial 53-man roster. 

The Saints brought in Evans for a visit Tuesday before signing him Wednesday morning. 

DETERMINATION.jpg

The Foundation


The Foundation


The Foundation

The Jahri Evans Foundation was created to illustrate to student athletes that academic excellence paves the way to athletic excellence through encouragement, determination and hard work.  The Jahri Evans Foundation helps students further their education and athletic career by providing scholarships and sponsoring an Annual Free Youth Football and Cheer Camp instructed by NFL players and professional cheerleaders. We have since expanded our community outreach to include all students, military veterans and community groups of all ages. On a mission to affect change the foundation has provided thousands of dollars in charitable donations to health organizations such as The National MS Society and The American Cancer Society. We have built homes for military veterans and provided college scholarships and much needed supplies and equipment to schools, students and community organizations.

Along with motivating all students to achieve academic excellence we also inspire and help our students maintain good health.  The Jahri Evans Foundation urges students to get involved in ongoing physical activities to promote a healthy lifestyle and lessen the chances and complications of diabetes, heart disease and other health issues that may arise as a result of childhood obesity.

Jahri is currently the spokes person for the "Think AED" campaign launched in September 2016 by The Louis T. Savino, III Foundation and The Philadelphia School District; dedicated to increasing awareness of, and preventing, sudden cardiac death (SCD) in youth.  The Jahri Evans Foundation along with The Louis T. Savino, III Foundation is committed to working towards the goal of having every Philadelphia School equipped with a working AED.

ENCOURAGEMENT.jpg

Scholarships


Scholarships


2016 Scholarship Winners

SHAQUOR WRIGHT
High School: Frankford High School

College: Moorehouse University
Major: Business
 


2015 Scholarship Winners

unnamed.jpg

SAQUAA CUNNINGHAM
High School: Glasgow High School
GPA: 3.7

College: Kennesaw State University
Major: Nursing/Physical Therapy
College Sport: Track & Field

 


2013 Scholarship Winners

JELANI TATE

High School: Imohtep Institute Charter

College: Clark Atlanta University

GPA: 3.0

Corey Qualls

High School: Forest High School

College: Mississippi State University

GPA: 3.8